Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are my benefits as a Starbucks® Rewards member?
Upon joining, you will receive the following benefits:
- Pay with your phone
- Balance protection for your registered Starbucks Card if it is lost or stolen.
- Double–Star on your first purchase (within 30 days after registered)
- A handcrafted drink (any size with 2 free customizations) for every 120 Stars earned
- A Birthday Reward just for you. A free Starbucks handcrafted drink, any size with 2 free customizations
(except bottled beverages) and a free slide of cake (maximum 150 Baht).
- New Year’s Gift
- Digital Gold Card
- See more info.
2. What is a Star and how can I earn one?
You can earn Stars and receive in-store benefits simply by paying for a transaction at or over THB 25 with your Starbucks® TH app or your registered Starbucks Card at participating Starbucks® stores in Thailand. Or every purchase with Starbucks® TH app or your registered Starbucks Card, you earn one Star for every THB 25. Your change counts towards partial Stars. We’ll keep track of all your partial Stars and apply them to your total Stars. For example, if you spend 155, you’ll earn 5.80 Stars. The .80 is not always visible (we like to keep things simple), but you can always view your Stars and purchase history when you sign in here.
3. Can I earn Stars if I pay with cash or a credit or debit card instead of my registered Starbucks Card?
To earn Stars on your purchases at participating Starbucks® stores in Thailand, you must pay with your Starbucks® TH app or your registered Starbucks Card - we can't award you Stars and reward you for purchases made with another form of payment. You can use your debit or credit card to reload your Starbucks Card.
4. How can I check my Stars and my rewards?
You can check your account, transaction, Stars and rewards on your Starbucks® TH app or at starbucks.co.th.
5. Do my Stars expire?
Yes. You have 12 months to accumulate Star Balance to reach Gold Level or maintain your Gold level. After registering, you need to accumulate 300 Stars in 12 months to reach Gold level. Once you are Gold, you must re-qualify each subsequent 12 months by earning at least 300 Stars and your Star count will be reset to zero on your anniversary date (12 months from the date you reach the Gold level). When you are in Gold level and you earn less than 300 Stars in 12 months, you will return to the Green level and your Star count will be reset to zero on your anniversary date.
For Gold Level membership, the Stars you collect towards Reward Balance will expire 6 months after the month you purchased. Starbucks will always apply the oldest Stars towards your 120 Stars redeem. For example, if you earn 10 Stars on June 16 and 15 Stars on June 24, your total Star balance for the month — 25 Stars — will expire on December 31.
6. What can I redeem my Reward Balance for?
As a Gold member of Starbucks® Rewards program, you can redeem 120 Stars at a participating store as soon as you qualify for a Reward. After you collect 120 Stars for a Reward, you can redeem your Stars for a free handcrafted beverage (any size with 2 free customizations) except bottled beverages, ice cream beverages, and selected reserved beverages before the Stars expire — ask your barista when you’re redeeming at a participating Starbucks® store. Once your Reward is redeemed, the 120 Stars will be removed from your Reward balance.
7. How many Rewards from Reward Balance can I redeem for?
With every 120 Stars, you can redeem for a handcrafted drink. There is no limit to number of rewards redeem at any one time.
8. Do free drink rewards from Reward Balance expire?
No, a free drink from 120 Stars redeem will not expire except Stars you collect towards Reward Balance will expire 6 months after a month of purchased.
While birthday rewards (free drink and food), you will have 30 days after issue to redeem. You can check the status and expiration date of your free rewards on your Starbucks® TH app or at starbucks.co.th.
9. Can I redeem my Stars for Rewards in other countries?
Your Stars can only be redeemed for reward in participating Starbucks stores in Thailand.
10. What if my Star balance doesn’t look right? Who do I contact?
We want to make sure the balance on your account reflects your purchases accurately. If the total number of Stars doesn’t appear to be correct, call 02-339-0996 (Monday-Sunday 9:00-18:00).
11. Can I track my progress in the program and see how many Stars I have until I reach the next level?
Yes. Starbucks® TH app or at starbucks.co.th you will be able to log into your account and see how many Stars you've earned, your current benefits, how many Stars you have to go until you reach the next level, your transaction history and all available rewards on your account.
12. Can I get any drink and cake item I want when I redeem my Birthday reward? What’s included?
Present your registered Starbucks Card or Starbucks® TH app and redeem your free birthday reward at participating Starbucks® stores in Thailand before the reward expires. The birthday reward is typically loaded on the first day of your birthday month and expires in 30 days. Your birthday reward includes (i) one Starbucks handcrafted drink - any size (with 2 free customizations) and (ii) Food of your choice (with maximum 150 Baht).
13. If I have multiple Starbucks Cards registered to my account, does that mean I will receive a birthday reward for each one?
No. You will only receive one birthday reward per account.
14. Can I redeem my free reward at any store?
Yes. You can redeem free rewards at any Starbucks® store in Thailand.
15. Is there a membership fee to join Starbucks® Rewards?
No. There is no membership fee at any level of the program.
16. How soon will I be able to see the Stars I’ve earned after using my registered Starbucks Card?
Stars earned from using your registered Starbucks Card or Starbucks® TH app are typically available on your account within 30 minutes.
17. Do I need to have my registered Starbucks Card with me to redeem my free drink reward?
Yes. You must use a registered Starbucks Card or Starbucks® TH app to redeem your reward.
18. Can I earn more than one Reward before I redeem? Is there a limit to how many Rewards I can have at any given time?
As a Starbucks Rewards member, you are eligible for a Reward starting at 120 Stars, but you do not have to redeem it right away and can continue to accumulate more Stars for later reward redemption.
For example, you can have 250 Stars in your account and redeem for 2 free beverages (120 Stars = 1 drink) at the same time.
Note that your Stars do expire, however, so be sure to redeem your Stars for Rewards before that happens. See Star expiration info.
19. What will happen to other Gold benefits?
Gold benefits will remain the same. If you currently are Gold member, you can continue to use it. You will still get all the following benefits:
- A handcrafted drink (any size with 2 free customizations) for every 120 Stars earned
- A Birthday Reward just for you. A free Starbucks handcrafted drink, any size with 2 free customizations (except bottled beverages) and a free slide of cake (maximum 150 Baht).
- New Year’s Gift
- Digital Gold Card
20. I reported my registered Gold Card as lost or stolen. How long will it take to arrive?
If you reported your registered physical Gold Card as lost or stolen online or in your Mobile app, your replacement digital Gold Card will appear in your Mobile app and website within 24 hrs. Note: Physical Gold cards will no longer be sent out to the members of Starbucks Rewards.
21. What changed in the Starbucks® Rewards™ program?
We have updated our Starbucks® Rewards so that you can earn stars faster and redeem your stars for your favorite handcrafted drinks.
22. I used to be a Welcome member - what happened to the Stars I had?
If you are Welcome level member with 0-74 Stars prior to the launch of the new Starbucks® Rewards program, on August 16, 2019, you are fast-tracked to Green level membership. Once you became a Green level member, your Star balance would reset to zero and you would have to start accumulating 300 Stars again in order to be qualified for Gold level.
If you are Welcome level member with at 75 Stars or more prior to the launch of the new Starbucks® Rewards program, on August 16, 2019, you are fast-tracked to Gold level membership. Once you became a Gold level member, your Star balance would reset to zero and you would have to start accumulating Stars again in order to be eligible to redeem a Reward. You can now jump immediately into earning and redeeming Stars for Rewards.
23. I used to be a Green member - what happened to the Stars I had?
If you are Green level member prior to the launch of the new Starbucks® Rewards program, on August 16, 2019, you are fast-tracked to Gold level membership. Once you became a Gold level member, your Star balance would reset to zero and you would have to start accumulating Stars again in order to be eligible to redeem a Reward. You can now jump immediately into earning and redeeming Stars for Rewards.
24. I used to be a Gold member - what happened to the Stars I had?
If you are Gold level member with 0-249 Stars prior to the launch of the new Starbucks® Rewards program, on August 16, 2019, you will continue to be Gold level member with all Stars transfer. Your Star will also be transferred towards Reward Balance so that you can redeem 120 Stars for 1 free handcrafted drink.
In addition, if you are Gold level member with 250 Stars or more prior to the launch of the new Starbucks® Rewards program, you will be able to enjoy your Gold level benefits for another 2 years from August 16, 2019.
25. Will my existing Rewards be grandfathered in or will I lose Rewards?
For all member levels, if you have any drink count earned from Buy 12 drinks get 1 free drink, prior to the launch of the new Starbucks® Rewards program, on August 16, 2019, each of your collected drink available is multiplied by 5 stars and transfer to your Star Balance to maintain level and to Reward Balance if you are Gold member.
26. Can the Anniversary date be changed?
No. The Anniversary date (12-month period) cannot be changed unless your level changes. A new Anniversary date will apply when you move to the new level.
27. Why is registration necessary in order to join the program?
When you create a Starbucks® Rewards account, you provide information so we can reward you with benefits like a free drink and food on your birthday, as well as special offers. Additionally, when you register a Starbucks Card, you receive balance protection in case your card is ever lost or stolen. Also, with a registered card, you can manage your account in a variety of ways online.
28. Do I have to use valid email to register a Starbucks Card?
Yes. You need to use valid email in order to receive verification email to complete your registration. Also we will send all information via your email address.
29. How many Starbucks Cards can I register as part of the program?
You can register an unlimited number of cards to your Starbucks Card account on your Starbucks® TH app or at starbucks.co.th. However, you may have only one account.
30. How can I check my Starbucks Card balance and transaction?
You can also check your balance and transaction by logging into your account on Starbucks® TH app or at starbucks.co.th.
31. How does Starbucks manage personal information?
32. Can I transfer my Starbucks® Rewards membership to someone else?
No. Sorry, memberships and rewards are non-transferable and cannot be shared with family members, friends and others.
33. Can I use my Starbucks Card and redeem my free reward in other countries?
No. Starbucks Cards issued and activated in Thailand may not be used and redeem any reward in other countries, and Starbucks Cards issued and activated in other countries may not be used in Thailand.
34. Can I redeem my free reward in other countries?
No. Rewards from Starbucks® Rewards Thailand can be redeemed only in Starbucks® stores in Thailand.
35. Why rewards and Stars in Thailand are different from other countries?
Stars and rewards from Starbucks® Rewards are different in each country. To participate in Starbucks® Rewards program in Thailand simply register your Starbucks Card to your account at starbucks.co.th. Once you are in Gold level, every time you collect 120 Stars, you will be able to get your favorite handcrafted drink exactly the way you like it.
36. Can I still make payment with my Starbucks Card to earn a benefit count/reward if the system down/offline?
When system is down/ offline, we are unable to accept payment via Starbucks Card. But depending on the conditions of the system, you may still earn your Stars and other applicable benefit count by having your Starbucks Card swiped by the barista at the counter and settling the bill with cash or credit card. When system is in normal operation, you may earn Stars only if you purchase with your registered Starbucks Card.
37. How can I transfer funds between cards in same account?
You can transfer funds between cards within the same account only through Starbucks® TH app or our website starbucks.co.th.
38. Can I use multiple Starbucks Cards for one transaction and to earn Stars?
Yes, for a single transaction, payment can be made with multiple Starbucks Cards. Only registered Starbucks Cards will earn Stars.
39. Can I receive a refund from my Starbucks Cards?
Any amount/value stored in your card cannot be refunded.
40. Is there an expiration date on my Card?
No. There’s no expiration on the Starbucks Card.
41. What if I lose my Starbucks Card?
Sorry to hear that you’ve lost your card, we are here to help, don’t worry. Only freeze your Starbucks Card through Starbucks® TH app or our website starbucks.co.th. But first you need to transfer the remaining balance to one of your other registered cards in your account before reporting your lost card.